Friday 20 July 2012

Be my Girlfriend?

So just the other day I was reading an article that talked about the value of female friendships. It (really) said having your girl-friends around can give you a healthier, longer and stress free life!
Now I don't know how much truth lies in that theory but from what I have learned in recent past few years, does tell me that they really do help you stay happier.
I have basically been a tomboy almost all my growing years and I never really had a lot of girlfriends that I hung out with. I think it had more to do with the fact that I liked hanging out with the boys because, well, they were less bitchier, they mind their businesses and they are always ready to come to your rescue no matter what trouble you put yourself in (also I felt slightly stronger in their company). Not that I never had any girlfriends at all when I was younger, I did and some are still very close, I just didn't spend a lot of time with them. So, I have never been a girly girl per se but I did understand, as I grew up, how important it is for me, as a girl, to have girlfriends around. For one, it taught me how a girl should behave, (and learning is still in process!) for a lady is always more respected and admired than a tomboy.
So anyway, why I think girlfriends are important..
They get you better. A guy no matter how close he is to you, will never understand you like your girlfriends do. Girlfriends always know why you're acting the way you are, why you want pizza or ice cream or golgappas right that moment. If you're feeling emotional because of something they will get why. And they will NEVER ask you if you are pms-ing! You know how boys keep saying it's sooo difficult to understand you girls, well, NEWS FLASH, it isn't! Believe it or not boys, almost all of us react the same way in any given situation.
They compliment (or at least have an opinion). I admit we girls love receiving compliments no matter what we say. Got a new haircut? Your boyfriend might just never even notice, but your girlfriends will be just as excited as you are about your new hairdo. They tell you, you look pretty or to change the dress if it doesn't suit you, they notice things male vision is just ever ignorant of. But basically they have an opinion about things unlike boys who'll say,"Umm, its okay if you like/want it".
They are amazing listeners. Well, unlike boys, whose every solution to every problem lies at the bottom of a beer bottle, girls are always there to listen to whats bothering you. They'd listen to you patiently while you are going on rambling about your new guy, how your boss is torturing you at work, how your family is making you crazy, heartbreaks or whatever it may be. And boys will agree with this one too, they know their girlfriends listen to them, make them nice cups of coffee, after a bad day. They are just always there with their ears and warm warm hugs on offer!
They are more encouraging and supportive. Your girlfriends never tell you how you can't do this or you can't do that. They'd always tell you to go for it. Boys on the other hand will (more often than not) tell you to 'weigh your options before you jump into it, only to realise later that you can't do it because you're a 'girl'. Nothing wrong with analysing the situation and making the decisions but at times all that you need is a little push and knowing that people you love have faith in you.
They are less competitive, they love you selflessly, they don't expect, they make you coffees, go out shopping with you, get you ice creams when you are feeling low, laugh with you (and you don't even have to worry about the snorts!), they go out cock teasing with you, watch rom-coms with you and no matter what, they are always just a phone call away! O also I forgot to mention, they NEVER forget to call you back.
Am not saying boys don't make good friends, I think they are wonderful as friends. In fact few of my closest friends are guys but I honestly feel female friendships are more carefree and comfortable. 
Summing it up, they are sweet, caring, fun, mean, bitchy and I love 'em !
No offence boys, I looooove Transformers but I guess I love Notting hill just a little bit more! ;-)
To all my girls..Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment